The fifth annual Wisconsin Renewable Energy Summit will be held in Milwaukee, WI on March 12-14, 2008 at the Midwest Airlines Center. The Summit, titled Green Jobs – Growing Wisconsin’s Economy, will focus on the role that renewable energy, such as wind power, solar energy, geothermal, green buildings and bio-energy technologies, will play in supporting Wisconsin’s economic well being. Growth of renewable energy businesses will create new “green collar” jobs in Wisconsin. Those jobs include: manufacturers, installers, consultants, engineers, and associated professions. Renewable energy in Wisconsin has the potential to produce 35,000 jobs in the next 10years.
Topics to be covered:
- Jobs Growth Potential and Economic Development from Renewable Energy Growth
- New Developments in Renewable Energy
- The Potential Role for Business & Industry in Renewable Energy
- Wind Power – utility-scale, community-scale wind projects, and small wind
- Solar Electric – solar electric projects for non-profits and businesses
- Solar Water Heating – educational session and case studies of businesses
- Green Buildings – case studies, LEED overview, geothermal, and sustainable design
- Renewable Energy Education – including K-12, College and Universities, and the
- Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) consumer and installer education
- Transportation – electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids, ethanol and bio-fuels
- Bio-Energy – bio-refineries and agriculture digester projects
- Drivers of the energy transition; markets & climate
The Summit will present fresh and invaluable information on the business and workforce opportunities in Wisconsin’s RE-marketplace. Presenters and attendees include RE producers, manufacturers, contractors and consulting firms, state agencies, NGO’s and students, faculty and administrators from WTCS Colleges, University of Wisconsin institutions, and Wisconsin K-12 schools.
Exhibition spots are available at the Summit to reach your target audience of renewable energy professionals along with students, faculty and administrators from Wisconsin colleges and schools. Contact William P. Quirmbach at (414)297-6300 or by email at email@example.com for more exhibition information, or click on the Exhibitor Information button on right. Register and pay by March 1, 2008 to be included in Summit materials.
Opportunities are available to be a sponsor of the Summit at your choice of participation level. Contact Bob Gilbertson at 608-849-2400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the Sponsorship Opportunities button on right.
Pricing, registration on-line or via mail/fax and other registration details are available at www.renewableenergysummit.org.